Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oil Pan Gasket leak????

I have a 2000 Chevy S-10 4 cylinder automatic that has a leaky oil pan gasket. At least that's what I was told when I had the oil changed. My question for the forum is about how much I should expect to pay to fix this. I called a couple of garages and I was told that it would require R and I of the engine. The only one to give me a guesstimate said about 700 dollars. Another one wants me to bring it in so that he can look at it and see if it is actually the oil pan gasket, then see if there might be another way of getting to it. Just give me a guesstimate, so that I know whether or not these places are trying to rip me off.Oil Pan Gasket leak????
so you could get a couple tools and try tighten the bolts easy.. and you could call any aprts store and ask how much a gasket is and calling three places for a price to replace it is smart....and 700 bucks no way thats the one place not to have it done or go for anything.. if you was told it was by one then most likey it is.... he shoul dhave tried to tighten but im guessing it was a quick lube .. anyways call a round to a few places closer the better older the place the better chance your not getting in.. it can be a hard job sometimes lifting the motor to get the pan clear sometime easy hour job so calling more places ,,, and yes do have it check at aonther place smartOil Pan Gasket leak????
Most cars leak a little oil. I have one. I just check the level once in a while and sometimes add a quart. No problem.... $700 for a pan gasket sounds too much in my opinion.