Thursday, June 2, 2011

Will the Oil Drain Plug Bolt on my 1991 Olds Calais 2.5L Iron Duke be 14mm or 15mm for the Oil Change?

I am going to do an Oil Change. I think i will use 1/4 the Quart of CD2 Sludge Remover, as 1) That is not the whole thing and 2) SeaFoam is more expensive, and i dont want to Foul my Spark Plugs before Tune-Up. I have the Oil Filter too; Iron Duke has it IN the Pan.



I just remembered I had a Ratched Set; should have 14mm AND 15mm in there; I just wonder if there is anything i should know or do before i change the oil.. FIRST TIME EVER ive had a car with the Filter IN the Pan (Im used to it being in a different location) and it also doesnt angle to one side like those cars, so... I will be jacking the car up from one side, i will go with the Valvoline MaxLife 10W-30 Synthetic Blend.



Should i put a SMALL (like 4 ounces) amount of Transmission Fluid in the engine too, to ALSO help clean it out, and let the engine run for 5 or 10 minutes?



Please tell me anything i am missing, or what.. the car has 170,ooo miles, and I am saying %26quot;Good Riddance%26quot; to the Lucas, as i owe my car a Formal Apology after i see how the Lucas SUFFOCATED the Anti-Foam Additives of Oil, and ive drove like that for 5000 or 6000 miles :( (The Oil Guy Demonstration Web Site) so there IS some Crap/Sludge left in there.. also i have the minor issue of the Valve Seal Guides smoking for 5 minutes, most all the time, maybe i just see it more because it is cold.. No oil Drips on ground.



Thanks!Will the Oil Drain Plug Bolt on my 1991 Olds Calais 2.5L Iron Duke be 14mm or 15mm for the Oil Change?
Wow it seems your only question is do I need a 14mm or 15 mm to change the oil? I never know with a strange car until I stick my head under the car. It might even be 17mm. You do know that 14mm interchanges with a 9/16 in and 15 mm usually isn't an oil plug size.



What I wouldn't do %26quot;like put transmission Fluid in the engine.%26quot; You seem to be interested in sludge. Why do you think you have so much sludge?Will the Oil Drain Plug Bolt on my 1991 Olds Calais 2.5L Iron Duke be 14mm or 15mm for the Oil Change?
Pour some seafoam in the crankcase, run it for 15 min, then drain the oil.



I think its either a 9/16%26quot; or a 15mm (if you don't have a 9/16, a 14 will just barely fit on) just make sure your ready cuz when that large oil plug and filter comes out, the oil drains FAST